A short coverage of last year of #cryptoparty lectures in #Poland , in Polish. According to the surveys 90.2% of students want to change their internet ways, and 68.3% would like to take part in a workshop!
Krótka relacja z ostatniego roku wykładów Cryptoparty w Polsce! 90.2% uczniów chce zmienić swoje zachowanie w Sieci, a 68.3% byłaby chętna na warsztaty.
I have been completely removed from Facebook for a full year. It has been the best year in recent memory. OBSERVATIONS:
1) I'm still "connected" to current events. I'm just not bombarded with a thousand "rage-bait" rants about it.
2) I'm still connected with everyone that matters. We've shared the responsibility of staying in touch. Sometimes it's on me to reach out, sometimes it's on them. The people who haven't kept up with me, were just a relationship of ceremony and convenience.
3) I'm substantially less depressed. Surprising no one, I guess. It didn't cure depression, but it alleviated that which it brought: A lot.
4) I'm still super social online. I have community here and a few other places. We do things together, and don't just try to whip ourselves into a fury.
5) I've gained a meaningful perspective: *MY* perspective. Getting away from the manipulative pieces of those social media sites has given me enough clarity to be, well... "me."
I see I accidentally toyou'd twice :P
The poster itself is available at http://cc.mullana.de/
Coming back home from #35C3 I wanted to introduce an awesome Creative Commons artist to you: Lisa "Mullana" Schmidt to you!
The picture below is CC-BY-SA-NC 4.0 :)
"Decentralization is biodiversity of the digital world" - Reasons why you should care about how your social network is run and structured
For those wonder what's happening to their time at congress, it's a side-effect of the event.
In order to make congress work we need to hack time a bit. This might cause some odd jetties in the time continuum. You might experience loss of time, slow time, fast time, etc
We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we're sure you understand.
@Curator my current slides are available at https://slides.com/pawelngei/we-need-to-tell-a-story-better-than-cyberpunk/ if anyone's interested. I've got only 5 minutes, but I want to make it very visual.
@Curator I would love to use https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48449367 , but I have no idea how to approach the artist to ask for permission.
Theoretically I could just past it into my slides and say "educational non-commercial exception", but it sucks.
I want to talk how Solarpunk may be a chance to present independent, grassroots technologies as something creative an hopeful, not just as a voice of rebellion against corporations.
I could #commission one for CreativeCommons if there's none good, but I need it by the 28th.
@Curator any help? :)
Hey. I'd like to get a little fediverse support group doing for writing more in the next year.
It can be blogs, long posts on here, fiction, non-fiction, thesis, uni work, etc. etc.
But I want us to band together and support and motivate each other.
I'm suggesting #AmWriting (capitalized for screen readers) as it's an already established hashtag, which I don't think would suffer if it was used more.
Still, don't give unsolicited advice, obviously.
so on the eve of the #tumblr shutdown, Tumblr IP-blocked the Internet Archive.
Just to be EXTRA dicks.
@daskeit nice to meet you!
As a #cyberpunk fan, what do you think about a following sentiment:
"Cyberpunk is very counter-productive for free software, open source and a wide adoption of crypto. It encourages thinking of technology as belonging / being created by the huge corporations, with alternatives being used by a fraction of invested people."
Programmer, hacker, educator, activist and a wannabe writer fascinated by how technology is portrayed in culture - and how that affects human lives.