e pensare che ero partito per condividere un sito che grazie a @informapirata ho scoperto oggi e mi intriga parecchio (anche se i retaggi di anni nella "vita reale" mi rendono sempre cauto).
Qualcuno conosce www.tromsite.com ?!
Sembra da viverci
In Australia, it was thought that the child would have been a good swimmer if the afterbirth was thrown in the ocean.
Batak people thought it was the sister, or brother, of the newborn child.
Baganda people, instead, thought it was a *changeling* 👦👦
Finally, I managed to carve out some time and finish a short story after more than a year.
It is based on the placenta, which is believed to have special attributes.
Mora was the Winter form of Siva, so a “dark goddess”.
• She was also called the “dream goddess” because from her name could derive “mare” – and then, “nightmares”
• In German, “Mohr” or “Mahri” are the “riders of the storm”, who can be easily related to the Wild Hunt ☁️❄️🐴
Siva was a Spring deity who is often related with white birds, especially swans 🦢
• Roman Venus (and others) was associated with such animals
• Snakes, too, were linked to her. It was said “white snakes could fly” (and winged dragons myths may come from such powerful images)
Perun was a god of thunder – like Zeus or Thor.
• Perun’s hammer was made of stone, Thor’s one was forged by metal
• They had the same sacred day (Perendan/Thursday)
- Indo-European word ”perkuus” meant Oak, a tree sacred to Thor
- Both a chariot trained by two goats 🐐🐐
Last sentence wrote on social media this year:
"Twenty-twenty-one is a huge new brick in our dear old wall of hate."
Happy New Year, then! 🎉
Christmas is coming – and so is the #Krampus!
This figure, probably based on the European Percht, is a horned devil that chases bad children and takes the meanest ones. Tonight is the #Krampusnacht and in Alpine villages... kids, beware!
Read more: https://godsip.club/articles/christmas-in-europe-is-no-joke/
And subscribe if you liked it! 🍸
Did you know that many past civilisations thought that your soul could escape your body while you are sleeping?
That's one of the curiosities I wrote about on Godsip Club – I think it's fascinating, mostly because the belief was spread around the globe!
As the crypto wars continue around the world, we must remain vigilant to fight for strong encryption to protect our right to privacy. 💪💪
I fell in love with https://fraidyc.at/ – after a couple of days, it feels better than any other RSS reader I tried
Or worse: "This will be our last kiss"?
Listening to music. Writing. Possibly at the same time. While in travel.
A small, intentional community for poets, authors, and every kind of writer.